Wednesday 23 July 2014

Nike Air Max 1 iD Shoe

After weeks of waiting, my Nike iDs have finally arrived.

I have always wanted some casual trainers but I was always skeptical on what to actually buy. After I've finished my A-Level exams on June 2014, my dad offered to get me a "Yay you've finished school!" present. Since he knew I've been wanting shoes, he told me to pick out whatever I wanted. At first, I looked at the local shops however I didn't find anything I liked. So I began searching online and came across nike.com in the iDs section. I've always looked at the Air Max 1s but there was never any of the colour I wanted in the stores. With the Nike iDs, I could customise the colours of the shoe so I thought this would be the best option. As my parents would say, "If you're going to invest on something, invest on some good shoes, coat and bags."

-photos taken from google-



With Kanye West's 'Red Octobers' and Christian Louboutins as inspiration, I knew I wanted an all red pair of shoes, or at least most of it to be red. Due to the fact that I envy those who actually own red soles, I made sure that my Nike iDs had a red sole. I thought it'd be one step closer to Louboutins ahah! Oh and of course because my favourite colour is red.






And so I began changing the colour and material of the shoe in the website. I've chosen the colour 'University Red' instead of 'Geranium' because the geranium colour had a slight pink tint to it and I wanted my shoe to be as red as possible. Every part is Synthetic Leather except the base as I didn't want the shoe to have creases by the toes the more I wear it. The colour of the midsole couldn't be changed therefore I've just put the red speckles. I was so happy that i could change the actual sole to the red. yay! I've kept the logo white as a nice contrast to the red and I didn't bother putting my name on the back or anything like that. I have also bought gold aglets from ebay to mimic the laces of the 'Red Octobers'.

This was definitely my favourite part; seeing the process of my shoes. Every email just got me very excited for them. I ordered the shoes on 04.07.14 and it was estimated to arrive the next month however it came earlier [today, 23.07.14] and I couldn't be more happy.




-photos taken by my sister, Isabel-

2 comments: