Saturday 26 July 2014

MFA Annual BBQ



The annual BBQ get together of the filipino association was held at Teston Park this year. Barbecue food which included chicken, fish and pork was served; along with other food and drinks brought in by everyone. 

-ootd: top|Zara £3.99, shorts|Zara £9.99, kimono|Select £15, shoes|Nike iD £135, bag|Warehouse gift, sunglasses|CĂ©line £100aprx-
It was definitely risky to wear my new Nike shoes, but I thought it went well with the shorts I bought from Zara so I just went for it. I didn't want to ruin my new shoes therefore I made sure I brought a different pair for when we run around and play games. I have been waiting for the day that I could wear my daisy, fringed kimono and so I decided to use it today. However, as per usual, the weather was too humid to layer up so I spent the whole day without it. And of course, due to the fact that I was appointed to the white team, I wore a loose, thin, white shirt  which I purchased from Zara yesterday.

-JC, Joy, Me, Chris, Nathan, Karl, RC-

-Noella, Aleena, Gellina, Gemm, Kahlil, Dan, Joseph, Kevin-
Before the event, we were all put into the white or red team for some friendly competition. Our friendship group was split in half and this has made everything a lot more interesting. Everyone's competitiveness was shown through the yelling, backtalk and maybe, a little cheating. ;) All in all, everybody were all good sports, no friendship was harmed and we all had a blast. 




The games consisted of many varieties. It started off with the good ol 'Spoon and Egg' race and moved on to some sort of balloon popping race. The teens coached and supported the little kiddos during their race. Sadly, the sack race didn't make an appearance this year. The teens also played kickball and dodge ball which was definitely fun. Towards the end, we played a game of football despite the humid weather. Everyone, including the mum and dads were good sport and participated in the games. 






The day would not have been as fun without my friends. Nothing better than a chilled day out in the sun, playing a bit of ukulele and a little friendly competition. 

After such a tiring day of running around playing games such as football, dodgeball and kickball, it was nice to have a long, cold shower, eat a slice of cake from Patisserie Valerie and just blog about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment