Sunday 20 July 2014

London Barrio Fiesta

Despite the thunderstorm that was supposed to happen in the afternoon, 6 of my friends and I still carried on and went to London Barrio Fiesta. It was my first time going therefore I had no idea what to expect. My intention was to at least see Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo as I have enjoyed watching their show, 'Got to Believe' and of course eat filipino food.
-Kevin, Aleena, RC, Kahlil, Hannah, Charlotte, Me-
The whole day was fun mostly due to the fact it was spent with such great company. 
When we got to Barrio, the first thing we approached was the food area. For the first time in months, I ate my favourite, Tender Juicy Hotdogs, and of course I made Hannah and Charlotte taste them and they really liked it. I then bought my mother some salty eggs and myself some roasted peanuts. 

-Hannah, Charlotte, Me, RC, Kahlil, Kev [photo taken by Aleena]-
After we ate, there was nothing much we could do so we decided to hit up the rides and games. The sun started to beam and the heat began to rise.

-ootd: top|Zara £9.99, shorts|H&M £10, shoes|Topshop £18,
bag|Topshop gift, sunglasses|RayBans £200aprx-
With the sun beaming, I thought it would be a great time to take an ootd haha! Because of the weather forecast saying that there's a chance it's going to thunderstorm in the afternoon, I was skeptical to whether to wear shorts or not. However, I was hopeful that the temperature will be hot and that the sun would come out, and it did. YAY! 

-Aleena and I-
Leena and I didn't just want to sit there and stare at the others as they went on the rides we didn't want to go to. So we decided to play on the dance machine thing which wasn't such a great idea because it left us all sweaty. But, it was fun and we had a good ol laugh.


-Aleena, Me, Hannah, Charlotte-
-Aleena, Kev, RC, Kahlil-
After checking out the rides and games and all that jazz, we sat down on the field to soak in the sun. But of course, the asians, except me, didn't want to tan so instead, they put up the umbrella to hide in the shade. At this moment, we sat and waited for the acts to come on.

However, there was a no show of the people I wanted to see. It was already about 3pm, no one was on stage, it was hot with no wind and we all wanted to go around London, so we left. 
Don't get me wrong, this was our plan in the first place, to go to Barrio for a bit, eat filipino food, and then go to Stratford and China Town for dinner.



-Charlotte, Hannah, Me, Aleena-
We ended our day out in China town as we ate a buffet for dinner.
Fair to say I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get to see Daniel and Kathryn and meet up with my childhood friend, Vanda. However, the whole day was just so carefree. Despite the heat and humidity, there were no stress, no drama, and it was just such a fun day out. A day like yesterday should definitely happen again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment